Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Why do I prefer BMW's over Mercedes.

We all know that Mercedes and BMW are the two biggest competitors. Why do I choose BMW over a Mercedes?




One of my friends said : "Comparing  Mercedes to BMW is like comparing fine wine to really, really good beer!” I think it is a matter of taste and it depends what you are looking for. If your looking for performance over luxury then go for the BMW. If your looking for luxury over performance then go for the Mercedes. They are both very well engineered cars.
Being on my 4th BMW, I can easily say I prefer BMWs! It is sporty, it is fun to drive and it keeps my interest in it! I find Mercedes too relaxing and too constant - it is just a Merc :) Anyway, let’s try to find some cons and pros for those brands:


-The Pros for BMW are:  More Stylish; More Power; High Performance.
Cons: Less Comfort vs Benz 

-The Pros for Mercedes-Benz: More models; Generally more comfortable; Some have more advanced features and options.
Cons: Most models have less power vs BMW; Body styles have remained pretty constant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsofZq2pxVA

To prove that I respect both Brands I will share with you my story about one of the Mercedes that I have at the moment: S 430








This Mercedes is a 2000 S Class Model. It has a Clean Title and 60 000 Mills on board. It is fully loaded, having a Navigation System, Cold Weather package, Premium Package. It has an Integrated Phone, Garage Opener, Memory Seats, Adaptive Cruise Control. It has a beige interior and black exterior.  It drives very smoothly and sure being S Class it is very comfortable. 






Honestly, I didn’t know much about those Models since recently, when I had the chance to experience both of them myself. The first Mercedes-Benz brand name vehicles were produced in 1926. Mercedes-Benz is one of the most well-known and established automotive brands in the world, and is also the world's oldest automotive brand still in existence today. BMW also is as old as Mercedes, being a German automobile, motorcycle and engine manufacturing company founded in 1917.
If we look around us, there are lots of BMW’s 3 series and lot’s of SUV’s X3 and X5. I’d say that BMW is more common and practical than a Mercedes. I find a BMW more interesting and fun. I won’t compare them technically because I don’t even know how to “refill the tank”- joking :)




So, to summarize, I would say, if you want a fun driver's car go with the BMW. If you are looking for something more relaxation oriented go for a Mercedes, unless of course you are sitting on a decent amount of cash then the AMG Mercedes really get pretty aggressive.







THANK YOU!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Being One is Super Fun!

 Yes, we tried the cake!!!! :)